This policy applies to all services provided by Deskmate Global Express India Private Limited (Hereinafter called as Deskmate), their offices, their agent offices.
Deskmate understands the importance of protecting the privacy of users of the Deskmate website https://www.deskmateglobal.com/ The information collected on the Deskmate website is used to market and improve the services of Deskmate and its subsidiaries’, to improve the content and services on the Deskmate website and make it easier to use and more appropriate to individual users and to contact its users with updates to the web site or for other marketing purposes. Deskmate may use this information, with the users’ permission, for the above purposes.
Deskmate never shares any information obtained on or from the Deskmate website with any other organization, and will not do so in future, unless required by law. Deskmate will not sell information obtained through the Deskmate website to any party or parties.
Certain shipment data will be provided to the authorities of the country of transit or destination for customs and tax clearance or for security screening, as required by the laws of such a country. The information provided would usually include: shipper name and address, receiver name and address, description of the goods, number of pieces, weight and value of shipment.
- Information collected about visitors to the Deskmate web site:
The Deskmate web server uses an extended log file format which captures: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to the Deskmate website), type of Internet browser, and visitor’s IP address.
- Personal Information collected on the Deskmate website:
Several areas of the Deskmate website ask for personal information. They include the username registration, features of managing the user account of the users and registration pages for various online services offered by Deskmate on the Deskmate website. This list may be expanded without notice. In the event that it is expanded, additional information may be required. In these areas, the user’s name, address, email address, billing information, and business profile are requested. This information is collected to help us further develop Deskmate’s services, to provide users access to various Deskmate’s internet-based information and product services, and to bill users for those services if users decides to use them.
- Manner of use of the user information collected on the Deskmate website
The information collected through the Deskmate website site helps Deskmate identify the type of web site content the customers value most. Deskmate uses this information to market and improve the Deskmate website and its services. Deskmate also uses this information to send you email notifications about updates to the Deskmate website, and to contact the users by other means for marketing and other purposes. Deskmate’s policy is to not give, sell or otherwise distribute the information collected through this site to third parties outside of Deskmate and its subsidiaries (unless required by law); provided, however, in some cases Deskmate may use suppliers to assist Deskmate in collecting, using or otherwise processing for Deskmate’s benefit the information obtained through the Deskmate website. Deskmate’s practice requires its suppliers to conduct such activities consistent with this policy and Deskmate’s requirements of maintaining privacy of Deskmate’s customers.
- Use of third-party links on the Deskmate website
Parts of the Deskmate website consist of products and services hosted by subsidiaries and third-party businesses. When users leave the Deskmate website to visit one of these sites, the only information transferred to the third-party is the fact that the user came from the Deskmate website.
This practice allows the third-party to monitor their website traffic, but does not provide them with any information about the users of the Deskmate website. Deskmate is not responsible or liable for the independent privacy policies of third-party sites. Users are advised to consult the privacy policies at those third-party websites to determine how the user’s information may be used.
- Cookies, their functionality on the Deskmate website, how to remove them from the user’s hard drive:
A cookie is a series of data characters that, when programmed into a website, is placed by the web server into the browser’s application folder on the user’s computer. Once placed onto the user’s computer, the cookie will allow the web site to “recognize” you as a unique user of the website.
Cookies can be removed from a user’s hard drive. Also, depending on what type of web browser and what browser version the user of the Deskmate website is using, users may be able to change the properties on their cookie file so that cookies are not used or saved. Please check with the browser provider for more information on removing cookies.
- SECURITY ALERT- SPAM MAILS
Fraudulent Email Alert:
You may be receiving reports of fraudulent emails with the subject lines “Shipping Confirmation,” “Verify Info,” Promotion gifts and cheques” “Some important information is missing” and “Please fulfill the documents attached to verify your identity.” The fraudulent email may have an attached file that may contain a virus or other malware.
If you receive a message matching this description below, do not open the email or click on the attachment. Delete the email immediately or forward it to Deskmate’s IT team & Vigilance team.
Deskmate does not request, via unsolicited mail or e-mail, payment or personal information in return for goods in transit or in Deskmate custody. If the fraudulent email resulted in financial loss, you should contact your banking institution immediately through the appropriate channels. Deskmate is not responsible for any charges or costs incurred as a result of unauthorized or fraudulent activity that abuses the Deskmate name, service marks and logos.
Common Warning Signs of Online Scams:
Unexpected requests for money in return for delivery of a package, gifts from a promotion company, often with a sense of urgency.
Requests for personal and/or financial information.
Links to misspelled or slightly altered Web-site addresses (Deskmate.Com, DeskmateExpress.in etc.)
Spelling and grammatical errors or excessive use of capitalization and exclamation points.
Claims that you have won a large sum of money in a lottery or settlement.
- Cancellation by Customer: Once a shipment is dispatched from the location where the package is dropped off, the service cannot be cancelled by the customer. In case of requests for shipment cancellations, Deskmate reserves the right to accept or reject requests for shipment cancellations for any reason whatsoever. If Deskmate approves cancellation of shipment, Deskmate shall refund the entire amount to you instantly.
- Cancellation by Deskmate: There may be certain shipments that Deskmate and or its partners are unable to accept or accept but unable to service and these may need to be cancelled. Some situations that may result in service being cancelled (but not limited to) are 1) the non – availability of the delivery service to the address to which customers package is required to be shipped, 2) Inaccuracies or errors in package content information specified by customer or agent, identified as prohibited by Deskmate’s compliance department. Deskmate will contact you if all or any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to ship your order. If your order is cancelled after your credit card or bank account has been charged, the said amount will be reversed back in your credit card / bank account. If the shipment had to be canceled due to a mistake on your part, Deskmate reserves the right to determine the refund amount. A promo code, once used shall not be refunded in case of cancellation of order either by Customer or Deskmate.
- You agree not to dispute the decision made by Deskmate and accept Deskmate’s decision regarding the cancellation.