What is Palletization?
Palletization is the process of keeping goods on the pallet. Palletization facilitates handling store and transport of goods from one place to another. It is a logistics process that includes placing goods together on top of a pallet to gather the load. The pallet, a horizontal platform formed by boards, provides a base for the products. The pallet jack can pick up and move the weight as a whole. Pallets are the base of goods and services.
Benefits of Palletization
Pallets are an essential part when it comes to a logistics company. Here are some benefits :
Faster loading and unloading – Pallets help in the proper handling, storage, and transportation of goods. It helps in the on-time arrival and dispatch of the goods.
Decreased labor required– Pallets are the best tool for the logistics company as it reduces the need for labor. It helps in storage and lifting. Palletization saves a lot of human resources.
Lesser risk of damage – Pallets are the safer option when it comes to the handling of goods and packages. Pallets are like protective tool that keeps consignments safe. As pallets are assembled in storage and transport, they are prevented from falling or being knocked up.
Less stress to laborers – Pallets do lots of work of labor, which is a human resource that will not only consume energy. But also, will take a lot of time to do the same work which pallets will help them to do faster and easier.
Standardization– Since almost all pallets have predetermined sizes prescribed by standard guidelines. Warehouse stacking of pallets can be precisely planned before dispatch or even during transport.
Easy flow of goods – Pallets help in the better of goods from one place to another. Palletization ensures that each item reaches the stage to which it is assigned when required.
Types of pallets
1. Block pallet–
These pallets are generally made up of solid wood pallets, plywood pallets, or plastic pallets to
support the unit load. Block pallets are true 4-way entry pallets. These block pallets use 4 to 12
blocks to support the top goods. Curiously enough, between the blocks and the deck boards are
thin stringers, which form a mat with the deck board.
2. Stringer Pallet– Stringer is the longitudinal structural piece in a framework. A stringer pallet is called a stringer pallet because it uses “stringers,” which support the unit load. The stringers are the boards, typically 2 x 4’s or 3 x 4’s, sandwiched between the top and bottom deck boards.
3. Solid Deck Pallet– The surface of solid deck pallets consists of one large sheet of wood with no spaces. These pallets are considered aesthetically appealing to many customers and are easy to clean and transport. They also make transporting or storing smaller items easy—with other types of pallets, these might slip through the cracks.
4. Double-Face Pallet– Pallets exist in two general styles: single-face and double-face. Double-face pallets are comprised of decks on both top and bottom surfaces. The bottom deck increases the strength of the pallet and helps evenly distribute the weight of the load.
How to carry a pallet ?
More than one person should carry a pallet considering its bulky nature. However, if one person
is lifting it must be lifted with the correct posture and stance from the corner. Here are some
ways through which labor can carry pallets and reduce the risk of injury.
1. Using the feet as the base- It is recommended to the labor to keep the feet apart as the shoulders distance. So that the pressure is equally divided on both the feet when they load or unload the goods from or to the pallet.
2. Keeping the upper back straight – Keeping the upper back straight while carrying goods onto the pallet is important as it helps avoid back injury. Using upper thighs and knees as support while lifting a pallet instead of bending forward reduces injury risks.
3. Holding the load closer to the body- Holding the load closer to the body helps to build a good posture hence helping you in lifting the parcel while using pallets.
What is Palletized container and Drum Palletizer ?
Palletization is arranging a set of parcels or products onto a pallet. Palletized products are typically held together with plastic wrap or metal straps. These Drum Palletizers enable you to move upright drums onto and off the corner of pallets up to 20″ high. There are many international courier services like : FedEx International Courier Services Company, Aramex International Courier Company ECommerce, Blue Dart International Courier Services Company, Delhivery International Courier-Services Company, Ecom Express International ECommerce Courier Partner, DTDC International Courier Delivery Company, DHL International Courier Services company. These companies also use pallets in their logistics process so that the work is done more conveniently and securely. There are many international courier service in Chennai who does the same and uses pallets. One of the best companies in Chennai is The Deskmate international courier.
Deskmate international courier
Like every other company, Deskmate Internation courier also takes help from the process of palletization. For lifting, storing, and handling goods from one place to another. Deskmate Global Express is the best international courier service in Chennai. Deskmate Global Express has future-oriented thinking with fast-growing Logistics solutions. It gives its customers and employees the utmost importance and helps them in every way possible. Deskmate Global Express aims to help clients resolve their unique logistics challenges. And provide custom solutions to ensure the safe transit of goods. Deskmate Global Express has expertise in Air Freight Forwarding. It provides the best service. Deskmate Global Express has a strong reputation for impeccable courier services all over the world. We provide international courier services at affordable prices. And ensure that every client is satisfied with our services. It is one of the best international couriers in Chennai. Deskmate international courier company will help you deliver your musical instruments very safely and conveniently. With Deskmate you can easily track your order by entering your Tracking ID in the tracking column. And you will get the information about the shipment. Deskmate is the best company with customer reviews and the best possible services.